< Back to Results
How to check for & download software updates
Applies To: VERUS™ Edge, ZEUS
This describes the basic procedures for manually downloading software updates and upgrades.Normally, the SST will automatically detect and download software. The following procedure can be used to manually check for and download software.
To manually download software:
- Select the ShopStream Update Tool (SST) icon in the system tray to open the menu
- Select Check for Updates from the menu. A series of message boxes will display as the SST searches for updates
Once the search is complete, one of two results are expected:
- If no updates are found, the message box closes and a “No updates available” message displays. Select the message to close it.
- If updates are found, they will automatically begin to download
- During an active download, two options are available:
- Minimize—closes the message box. The download continues as a background task and the diagnostic tool can be used normally. Select Show Progress from the SST icon menu at any time to reopen the message box and check the status of the download.
- Cancel—stops and cancels the download and closes the message box. If you select Cancel, and choose to re-start the download, the download will start from the beginning.
- Once the download completes, it must be installed.
Last Updated: October 1, 2019