< Back to Results
Installing downloaded updates
Applies To: VERUS® Edge
When a software update is ready for installation, an installation update message will appear.
You can select the message or the SST icon from the system tray at anytime to start the software update installation process.
NOTE: If applicable, before installing a software update, have your Scan Module and USB cable available. The software update may include Scan Module firmware updates that need to be installed.
To install a software update:
1. Select the software update available message, or the SST icon from the system tray. A software update installation window will display.
2. Select an installation option to continue:
- Install Now—starts the software update installation. Proceed to step 3.
- Install Later—closes the message. The message will reappear at a later time as a reminder.
3. Close the ShopStream Diagnostic Suite application. The ShopStream Diagnostic Suite should remain closed until the software installation has completed.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
5. After the installation is complete, open the ShopStream Diagnostic Suite application.
6. If applicable, select Scanner from the Home Screen. If a Scan Module firmware update has been received, a “Scan Module firmware update” message will display - the Scan Module must be connected via USB cable to complete.
- If the Scanner opens normally and no update message is displayed, proceed to step 7.
7. Turn the diagnostic tool off, then turn it on (re-boot).
Last Updated: June 15, 2018