< Back to Results
Upgrading Your Tool Using ShopStream Connect™
Applies To: ETHOS® Tech
How to load software upgrades using ShopStream Connect (SSC)
Software upgrades are provided periodically and are downloaded and installed by ShopStream Connect™ (SSC) on to your ETHOS® Tech. When your ETHOS Tech is connected to a PC using SSC, the SSC software will automatically check for upgrades and (if an upgrade is available) provide installation instructions. Follow the screen prompts to accept, download and install the software.
NOTE: The SSC software must be installed and able to access the Internet on your PC.
- Start the SSC software program on your PC.
- Connect your ETHOS Tech to your PC, see “Connect-to-PC” on page 46 of the user manual
- If a software upgrade is available, an upgrade window is displayed (see step 3)
- If no software upgrades are available the “ShopStream Connect did not find any updates” message is displayed
- Read and follow the instructions displayed in the message box, then select Install to begin the download and installation. The Online Update status window is displayed
- After the download is complete, the installation confirmation message is displayed. Follow the onscreen instructions and then select Continue to proceed with the software upgrade installation. The Programming status window is displayed until programming is completed.
IMPORTANT: Do not disconnect the ETHOS Tech during programming.
- Once programming is completed select Exit.
- Restart your ETHOS Tech.
Last Updated: July 31, 2015