< Back to Results
Pairing the Scan Module via Bluetooth
Applies To: VERUS® Edge, ZEUS®
To use the Scan Module with the Scanner or OBD-II/EOBD functions, it must first be paired with the diagnostic tool.
Pairing is the wireless connection (identification) process used to connect the Scan Module to your diagnostic tool. The Scan Module only needs to be paired once before it’s initial use. The connection configuration should remain in memory for all future uses, unless the connection configuration is removed or lost.
NOTE: Wireless devices shown in this section are used as reference. Not all devices shown may be applicable to your diagnostic tool.
IMPORTANT: The Scan Module needs to be powered on during the pairing process. Connect the Scan Module to a vehicle or to the diagnostic tool using the USB cable. Make sure the diagnostic tool has a charged battery or is connected to the AC/DC power supply.
To pair the Scan Module with the diagnostic tool:
- Turn on the diagnostic tool.
- Connect the 26-pin end of the data cable to the Scan Module data cable connector.
- Connect the 16-pin end of the data cable to a vehicle data link connector (DLC). The green LED on the Scan Module is illuminated when power is being supplied to the Scan Module.
- From the diagnostic tool select System Settings > Paired Devices.
- Select Add from the toolbar, then OK when prompted. The diagnostic tool searches for compatible wireless devices, then displays the results.
NOTE: i Search results include all compatible wireless devices detected, and may include multiple Scan Modules if you are in a shop environment where more than one unit is powered on. Available module listings include a partial serial number. Make sure the screen listing matches the last six digits of the serial number of your Scan Module before continuing.
- Select the Scan Module you wish to connect from the results list. A search in progress message displays during the pairing procedure, the Paired Devices screen displays once the procedure completes.
- Select the Home icon on the Toolbar.
- Disconnect the data cable from the vehicle.
The Scan Module and diagnostic tool are now paired for wireless communication and should automatically recognize each other when both are powered up.
Last Updated: June 20, 2019