< Back to Results
Replacing the battery
Applies To: MODIS Ultra™, VANTAGE® Ultra
If the battery pack no longer holds a charge, contact your sales representative to order a new one. Replace the battery pack with original Snap-on replacement parts only.
Always dispose of a lithium-ion battery pack according to local regulations, which vary for different countries and regions. The battery pack, while non-hazardous waste, does contain recyclable materials. If shipping is required, ship the battery pack to a recyling facility in accordance with local, national, and international regulations. For additional information contact:
- North America – Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation (RBRC) at http://www.rbrc.org or http://www.call2recycle.org, or call 1(800) 822-8837 (USA)
- United Kingdom – Electrical Waste Recycling Company at http://www.electricalwaste.com
Always dispose of materials according to local regulations.
To replace the battery pack:
- Loosen the two captive screws that retain the battery compartment cover on the back-side of the Diagnostic Tool.
- Pull up on the inner edge of the battery compartment cover to release it, pivot the cover into an upright position, then lift the battery cover off of the housing.
- Slide the battery down to disengage the electrical contacts.
- Remove the battery from the tool housing.
- Align the tabs on the sides of the battery compartment with the slots on the new battery, then place the battery into the housing.
- Slide the battery up to engage the electrical contacts and snap it into place.
- Fit the battery cover onto on the housing, then pivot the cover down so that it snaps into place.
- Snug up the captive screws to hold the cover in place.
Do not overtighten the screws.
Last Updated: September 9, 2015