< Back to Results
Replacing the battery
Applies To: VERUS® PRO
If the battery pack no longer holds a charge, contact your sales representative to order a new one. Replace the battery pack with original Snap-on replacement parts only.
Always dispose of a lithium-ion battery pack according to local regulations, which vary for different countries and regions. The battery pack, while non-hazardous waste, does contain recyclable materials. If shipping is required, ship the battery pack to a recyling facility in accordance with local, national, and international regulations. For additional information contact:
- North America – Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation (RBRC) at http://www.rbrc.org or http://www.call2recycle.org, or call 1(800) 822-8837 (USA)
- United Kingdom – Electrical Waste Recycling Company at http://www.electricalwaste.com
Always dispose of materials according to local regulations.
To replace the battery pack:
- Loosen the two captive screws that secure the battery pack to the back of the Diagnostic Tool.
- Insert a fingernail into the recess at the mid-point of the top of the battery pack, then gently raise the battery pack up to release the electrical connector.
- Lift the battery pack clear of the Diagnostic Tool.
- Fit the three tabs on the bottom of the new battery pack into the slots, then rotate the assembly into position.
- Make sure the battery pack is fully seated.
- Tighten the two captive screws
Last Updated: September 9, 2015