Guided by the beliefs and values in our “Who We Are” statement, Snap-on is committed to integrity and social responsibility. Paramount to this commitment is the way we treat our associates and the way others within our supply chain treat their associates.
As part of our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Snap-on makes clear that it will not tolerate and will not condone the use of slavery, forced, involuntary or coerced labor, child labor, human trafficking or sex trafficking by any employee, agent, subcontractor or supplier in the operation or support of our business or the manufacture and distribution of our products. As part of our efforts to ensure compliance with these beliefs, Snap-on requires its suppliers, regardless of location, to conduct business consistent with our standards and to adhere to our Supplier Code of Business Conduct. This Code establishes standards to ensure that working conditions in Snap-on’s supply chain are safe, that workers are treated with respect and dignity, that no supplier will engage in human trafficking, slavery, forced labor or child labor, and that business operations are environmentally responsible.
In addition, policies are designed to comply with, and support compliance with the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010, the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015, the Norway Transparency Act, and the requirements of Federal Acquisition Regulations 52.222-50 and 52.222-56.
Human Rights Policy
Anti-Human Trafficking Policy
Australia Modern Slavery Statement
Norway Transparency Act Statement
U.K. Modern Slavery Act Disclosure
California Transparency in Supply Chains Act Disclosure
Supplier Code of Conduct
Supplier Diversity Policy
Conflict Minerals Policy
The Snap-on Safety Philosophy is based on the belief that each associate must:
- Work safely as a condition of hire and continued employment,
- Accept personal responsibility for every associate’s safety,
- Successfully complete mandatory safety training,
- Be certain all unsafe acts and conditions are eliminated or safeguarded, and
- Believe that work related injuries are preventable and therefore unacceptable.
Learn more about our health & safety practices and commitment:
Management is responsible for ensuring that all associates work in a safe environment. However, every Snap-on associate is held accountable for ensuring safe behaviors and safe operations. We establish and monitor safety objectives and targets to drive continual improvement, and we encourage associates to participate, develop, and maintain exemplary health and safety management systems and performance. We strive for zero workplace injuries and illnesses.
We are proud that through these efforts and a concerted focus on developing a strong safety culture, we continue to see improvements in Snap-on’s recordable incident rate. Snap-on’s current 12 month rolling rates are as follows:
- Annual incident rate for 2022 was 1.12
- Per OSHA's incident rate formula: (Number of Injuries and Illnesses / Hours Worked) x 200,000
- Annual severity rate for 2022 was 0.50
- Per OSHA's severity rate formula: (Number of Incidents with days away / Hours Worked) x 200,000
Snap-on is known for the quality of its products, but we know that it is the passion and character of our people that make our company a global leader. With our diverse talents and deep pride in the Snap-on family of brands, we drive innovation to help create value. We work hard together. We grow together. We are one Snap-on team.
Snap-on is committed to equal opportunity, which means that no applicant for employment shall be discriminated against because of race, creed, religion or belief, color, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, HIV status, military status, genetic information or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Snap-on is committed to providing a fair or living wage for all of its associates worldwide. To accomplish this, we continually evaluate what constitutes a wage floor to ensure an adequate standard of living for workers, while complying with all applicable wage laws and national wage regulations, such as the minimum wage and overtime payments.
We respect our associates’ right to join, form, or not to join a labor union without fear of reprisal, intimidation, or harassment. Where associates are represented by a legally recognized union, we are committed to establishing a constructive dialogue with their freely chosen representatives. Snap-on is committed to bargaining in good faith with such representatives.
At Snap-on, doing the right thing comes down to two simple words: Integrity and Principles. These words define who we are and how we act as a global family of businesses. The words are simple, but upholding them takes hard work. It takes commitment to our values as individuals and as a company. It takes a desire to act with integrity and to perform to the highest ethical standards in everything we do. And, it all starts with people.
For more than a decade, Snap-on has had such a guide in a formal Code of Business Conduct & Ethics. The latest version of our Code of Conduct expands on those principles to encompass an increasingly regulated and scrutinized marketplace. Each associate is asked to take the time to read and understand this document from beginning to end and to certify that they have done so.
Snap-on offers much more than just a paycheck. The company provides many valuable programs that benefit associates throughout their career with Snap-on and in retirement. Employment with Snap-on offers competitive base pay, including a premium for high-demand technical and “hot skills” talent. The company also provides other high-value rewards that flex with life stage and career progression—from recruitment through retirement.
We encourage associates to make healthy lifestyle choices and offer a full array of medical, dental and vision insurance. Other related benefits include free flu shots and annual health screenings, gym membership discounts, and healthy food offerings in many onsite cafeterias.
Snap-on encourages internships for early career and job training, as well as internal development and outside educational programs for associates.
- Our internships offer hands-on learning for enrolled college students to gain experience, develop skills and strengthen resumes. In addition to assessing interests and abilities in a certain field, these opportunities offer real-world experience and valuable mentor relationships.
- Education assistance is provided to associates. Regular, full-time associates are reimbursed for tuition and books. Associates are eligible for one job related undergraduate degree and one graduate degree during their career at Snap-on.
- Professional education certification assistance is provided for legal and accounting professionals.
- Annual worldwide online compliance training is provided to associates based on position, location and job responsibilities, and is used to reinforce, among other topics, ethics, environmental matters, health and safety, information security and regulatory compliance, which includes anti-corruption training for all relevant employees.
Snap-on has focused its philanthropic priorities on non-profits in communities where we have a significant presence. We work diligently to give back to the communities in which we operate.
Community Involvement in action:
- United Way campaigns
- Homeless shelter and food pantry support
- Partnership with university agriculture program in Argentina
- Use of headquarter's theater/facilities for community events
- Honor Flight sponsor
Snap-on is also an active member of the following industry trade organizations where we work to promote the industry in which we operate and further develop future leaders:
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM)
Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation (MAPI)
We do not endorse any political party or use corporate funds for such specific donations. The company welcomes visits from government officials regardless of party affiliation.