Snap-on is committed to the safety of all users of our products. This commitment begins with design and manufacture of products that meet and exceed all applicable safety standards but it goes far beyond that.
- Our tools and equipment are marked with important WARNINGS and safety messages that guide safe use.
- We provide detailed Instructions for proper and safe use when needed.
- We have the right variety of tools and equipment so that you can use the right tool for each job.
- We offer a wide variety of safety equipment to protect you at times when you need to be in harm’s way.
The Product Safety Recalls, Product Safety Advisories, and Product Safety Retrofits relate to actions necessary to ensure safe use of products already in use.
PLEASE REVIEW and TAKE the prescribed ACTION, if applicable, to a product that you own or use.
Product Safety Reminders
ARE YOU A “MOBILE” TECHNICIAN?
Transport of Spare Lithium – ion Batteries
The power and energy of Li-ion batteries (generally referred to as Lithium batteries or Lithium cells) is well known. Accidental shorting of charged Lithium batteries poses a hazard of injury from explosion and/or fire.
There are strict restrictions against air transport of charged Lithium batteries. However it is sometimes overlooked that ground transport of charged Lithium batteries can also be hazardous. It is very handy and useful to carry an extra, a “spare”, charged Lithium battery when traveling by truck or car to a job where a battery powered tool is essential.
* If the charged Lithium battery is properly and fully engaged with a compatible cordless power tool, the battery terminals are protected from accidental shorting by adjacent metal tools etc.
* But, if the charged Lithium battery is not properly engaged with a tool it can be accidentally shorted and cause a fire and/or explosion.
Be safe – whenever transporting a spare charged Lithium battery that is not engaged in a tool, do not lay it loose on a passenger seat or on the floor or truck bed:
- pack it, alone, in a dry wooden or cardboard box, or
- pack it, alone, in a heavy plastic bag or equivalent.