Snap-on is committed to the safety of all users of our products. This commitment begins with design and manufacture of products that meet and exceed all applicable safety standards but it goes far beyond that.
- Our tools and equipment are marked with important WARNINGS and safety messages that guide safe use.
- We provide detailed Instructions for proper and safe use when needed.
- We have the right variety of tools and equipment so that you can use the right tool for each job.
- We offer a wide variety of safety equipment to protect you at times when you need to be in harm’s way.
The Product Safety Recalls, Product Safety Advisories, and Product Safety Retrofits relate to actions necessary to ensure safe use of products already in use.
PLEASE REVIEW and TAKE the prescribed ACTION, if applicable, to a product that you own or use.
Product Safety Reminders
Chisels for Air Hammers
Air powered hammers such as the PH3050BR and AT2050 provide the ability to rapidly perform many punching driving, slitting, chiseling etc. jobs. In addition to using the safety measures of eye and hearing protection, there are specific precautions that should be followed when using certain accessories.
In particular, always follows these safety measures:
- Do not use the PHG55A or PHG55B chisel for cutting material harder than the chisel. Examples of these harder materials are case hardened steel and bearing races.
- Do not use a chisel that is already chipped. An already-chipped chisel can further chip much more easily and present the hazard of flying chips.
- Do not use a chipped or broken chisel as a punch.