Snap-on believes that environmental goals can and should promote our economic health and operational growth. We are committed to safeguarding natural resources and our global environment as part of our daily operations. As such, we pledge to:
- Implement environmentally sound policies designed to prevent, mitigate, and, where appropriate, remedy impacts on the environment and the community
- Manage all operations to meet or exceed applicable environmental regulations
- Continually seek ways to further improve our environmental performance while contributing to our production quality and efficiency
Our company has implemented a number of environmental initiatives to promote continuous improvement:
- The Snap-on Environmental Management System (EMS) serves as the organizing framework that enables us to achieve and sustain our environmental, operational, and business objectives. Our EMS allows for proactive management of regulatory requirements and deadlines and completion of corrective actions. Auditing our performance against the stated goals and principles of our EMS ensures the ongoing value of the system.
- Internal audits are conducted regularly at all Snap-on facilities and subsidiaries to verify that we are meeting national requirements as well as internal standards. Our internal self-assessments and audits go well beyond simple compliance with regulatory requirements, resulting in ever-increasing levels of performance.
- We maintain a Greenhouse Gas Inventory and submit our data annually to the Carbon Disclosure Project as a means to further integrate climate risks and opportunities into our business practices and inform investors of our environmental performance.
- Our facilities conserve energy and natural resources through prudent use and reuse, strive to eliminate or minimize waste and pollution at its source, and properly dispose of or effectively treat any waste that is not recycled.