1. What personal data do we gather?
We collect and process a range of personal data including:
Data you give to us:
- This is information about you that you give to us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, in person or at trade shows or events or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give to us includes for example: name, title, address, business telephone number, purchase information, business email address, fax number, country of origin/nationality, passport number, country of residence, financial and credit card information, personal description, photograph, customer number, business-related information, preferences provided by Internet activity, survey responses marketing efforts, and the name of the company you work for.
Data we collect about you:
Data we collect from other sources:
- We may also receive information about you from other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share that data internally and/or combine it with data collected on this site.
- We also work with third parties including, for example, website partners, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, lead generators, data aggregators, social media platforms, and credit reference agencies. We utilize Google Analytics to collect information about use of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site. We do not combine the information collected through use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. Google’s collection and processing of data is described in “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners (or another URL Google may provide from time to time). You can opt out of your Site usage data being included in our Google Analytics reports by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
2. How is that personal data used by us?
We may use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- Website Experience: for the technical administration of the website; for internal operations; for customer administration; for product surveys; for troubleshooting; for data analysis, data analytics, testing, and research and development purposes; to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Business Uses: to establish and manage accounts; and to analyse and develop new products, services and website;
- Providing Support: to provide customer support and respond to requests, questions, and comments; to notify you about changes to our service; and to measure how effectively we address your concerns;
- Monitoring & Recording: to handle any calls, chats or other interactions with us, including by the customer services team. Please be aware that it is our general practice to monitor and in some cases record such interactions for staff training or quality assurance purposes or to retain evidence of a particular transaction or interaction.
- Protecting our Rights and Property: to protect our rights or property or that of our business partners, franchisees, dealers, suppliers, customers or others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been or could be affected; to recover debts; to prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities and prohibited behaviour or activities.
- Surveys: to request and receive from you information regarding your relationship with us.
3. On what legal basis do we gather and use my data?
By visiting our website and/or providing your personal data in order to use our services you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
4. Is my personal data transferred or provided to third parties?
We will disclose such data for the following purposes:
- to market products and services offered by us and our affiliated companies, to manage our business; to improve and optimise our site and services;
- to enable them to offer products or services that may be of interest to you (provided that you have consented), which you may opt out of receiving as described below; and
- as required by law in cases where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or to protect our rights, property, or safety, as well as that of our customers, clients, dealers, franchisees or others or in response to a court order, subpoena or a law enforcement agency’s request.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise our business. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal data to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of such data from sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for data in these types of transactions.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design and improve our web site and services and gather information for product management and development. For example, we may tell our sales and marketing staff that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our web site, or that Y number of software licenses were ordered during a particular time period. This aggregate information may also be shared with our affiliates and independent franchisees.
5. How long will my personal data be kept for?
We will endeavour not to keep your personal data in a form that allows you to be identified for any longer than is reasonably necessary for achieving the permitted purposes. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems or anonymized when it has reached the applicable retention period.
6. Will my personal data be transferred to other countries?
Personal data may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to members of our group and other third parties as set out above, provided that certain conditions as set out in the applicable legislation are complied with. Your personal data will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us.
We are party to a data transfer agreement with the members of our group and we will (i) keep that document up to date with current law, and (ii) only engage in personal data transfers from the EEA to outside the EEA in accordance with such an agreement or an alternative means of transfer in compliance with data protection legislation.
7. What security measures are in place to protect my personal data?
We endeavour to protect the security of your personal data. We will seek to maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us or stored on our systems; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. These procedures include physical, electronic, and managerial procedures.
8. How do I update or access my personal data?
We ask that you keep your data as up-to-date as possible so you may get the maximum benefit from us. For questions related to updating or changing your information please contact: DataProtectionManager@snapon.com
9. What rights do I have in relation to my personal data?
Depending on the circumstances, you may have the right to:
- request access to any personal data we hold about you;
- object to the processing of your data for direct-marketing purposes;
- ask to have inaccurate data held about you amended or updated;
- ask to have your data erased or to restrict processing in certain limited situations;
- request the porting of your personal data to another organization in control of your personal data; and/or
- object to any decision that significantly affects you being taken solely by a computer or other automated process.
10. How do I opt out of being contacted for promotional purposes?
You have the right to ask us not to send you marketing communications. We will usually inform you (before collecting the personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect personal data. You can also exercise the right to prevent such processing at any time by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe link in any informational or promotional email that we send you.
- Emailing DataProtectionManager@snapon.com if you have any questions about changing your contact preference or require assistance in removing your name from our subscription lists.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website, apps and online services. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website, apps and online services when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website, apps and online services. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, apps and online services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website, apps and online services and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|ASP.NET Session ID Cookie
Cookie that ASP.NET uses to store a unique identifier for your session. The session cookie is not persisted on your hard disk.
Cookie does identify the users session, but does not store identifying information.
Cookie marked as available only over secure connection and http only.
Expires when user ends browser session.
|Secure Access Cookie
This cookie is used by the Enhanced Forms Editor block when setting up gated content. Once a user completes a form setup as a gate to content access, the cookie is set for the duration specified in the Enhanced Forms Editor block (default of 1 year). Once the cookie is set, the user does not need to fill out the form again when returning to the site until the cookie expires.
Does not store user identifying information.
Setting Access Period of 0 in Enhanced Forms Editor block makes cookie good for session. -1 expires immediately.
Default expiration is 1 year if not specified.
|Site Specific Cookie
||value set in Titan Page Snippets
||This is used for GDPR Compliance.
||Default expiration 5 years.
|Last Navigation Path Cookie
||Cookie used by Mall sites to support maintaining last iframe page selected for page reloads. Designed to support the frame-based UX of the Mall websites to prevent loss of iframe page on full page refresh/reload.
||Expires at end of session.
||Expires 2 years
||Expires 24 hours
||Distinguish users and sessions.
||Expires 2 years
||Determines whether user was in a new session/visit.
||Expires when browser session ends
||Stores the traffic source that explains how the user reached the site.
||Expires 6 months
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after the expiry periods indicated above.
If you consider that the applicable data protection legislation or this policy has not been followed, then you should raise the matter with at DataProtectionManager@snapon.com. Any breach will be taken seriously.
13. Modifications to this Privacy Statement
15. Children’s Privacy
This website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age and Snap-on does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 through this website.