Take the brakes off brake testing with the Sun wireless system, which has ATL and standard MOT options plus a 10-year roller brake surface warranty.
The testers now use a solid state motor control system and and for new Sun ATL lanes include wireless connectivity to the PC.
With the wireless connectivity option between the roller chassis control box and the PC you have the flexibility to place your PC/display in the most convenient place in the workshop for testing (within the required range). The elimination of cables reduces the cause of trip hazards and wire damage.
There are two chassis options available:
- 700mm rollers have a drive over capacity of up to 4000kg (800Kgf brake force) and can be used for MOT class I, II, III, and IV.
- 1000mm rollers have a drive over capacity up to 6000KG (1250Kgf brake force) and can be used for MOT class I, II, III, IV, VL and VII (class I and II require optional adaptor plate).
The chassis are built from fully galvanised steel for long life and roller covers as standard. The rollers are locked for easy exiting.
The dimpled roller surface is designed to offer protection to tyres whilst giving a coefficient similar to the road surface, allowing for accurate and repeatable results wet or dry. The roller brake surface also includes a 10-year warranty.
The graphical user interface is designed for ease of use and simulates the well known meter displays from the older analogue units while including all the benefits of modern technology and the latest ATL test procedure and manual brake testing functions.
The weighing system allows weighing by wheel (standard on ATL, optional on non-ATL) as well as the auto sensing 4x4 option as standard.
Sun Brake Testers are supplied with a 22-inch monitor, laser printer and database for saving test results as standard.
Once the brake test is completed the results can be reviewed in the following ways:
- On the display with highlighting of any errors
- Printed and also recording reason for failure if applicable
- You can store the results into the database for recalling at a later date
- Recall and review the results in a graphical format