SNAP-ON DIAGNOSTICS COOKIES & SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES POLICY
This Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy (“CST Policy”) describes the different types of cookies and similar technologies that are used on https://www.snapon.com/EN/UK/Diagnostics (“Site”). We may change this CST Policy at any time. Please take a look at the “LAST REVISED” legend at the top of this page to see when this CST Policy was last revised. Any changes in this CST Policy will become effective when we make the revised CST Policy available on or through the Site.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at DataProtectionManager@snapon.com.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES?
Cookies are a standard feature of websites that allow us to store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to the Site. Cookies help us learn which areas of the Site are useful and which areas need improvement. For this purpose, we also use technologies similar to cookies, such as pixel tags.
2. WHAT COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES DO WE USE?
- Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) are used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Site, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Site and response rates.
- Browser or Device Information. Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Site you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly.
- Physical Location. We collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, or WiFi signals. We use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you can allow or deny such uses and sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- Device Fingerprinting. In order to be able to offer you content that we believe may interest you based on your activity on the Site, and for fraud prevention and authentication purposes, we may also use other technologies that are similar to cookies. For example, we may gather device attributes and combine information collected by most browsers or automatically through your device to create a unique ID that identifies your browser or device to us with reasonable certainty. In this context we may collect, use, and combine the following information:
• Last visit
• First visit
• External IP address
• Internal IP address
• Screen resolution
• Geolocation (latitude/longitude based on IP address)
• Device performance benchmark
• Device bandwidth benchmark
• Device user-agent (browser type, version)
• Device capabilities (Modernizer string for browser capabilities)
• Device operating system
• Device plugins installed
• Browser language
• Flash enabled or disabled
• Device time on file
• Keywords used if coming from search engine
• Pages visited
• Length of visit
• Referral page
• Mouse cursor position
• Mouse clicks
• Page scroll position
3. HOW DO I MANAGE COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES?
You can change your settings for cookies and similar technologies by clicking on the blue icon at the bottom left-hand corner of your screen.
In addition, you can refuse or accept cookies from the Site at any time by activating the settings on your browser. Information about the procedure to follow in order to enable or disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen. Please refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html for information on commonly used browsers. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, not all features of the Site may operate as intended.
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, not all features of the Site may operate as intended. Please contact us at DataProtectionManager@snapon.com.if you have any questions or concerns.
If you want to clear all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, here is a link where you can download a program that clean out tracking cookies: