Why should I run a complete system code scan (pre/post scan)
- Performing a full vehicle code scan ensures peace of mind for you and your customers
- Many systems do not turn on a light or put a message on the Diagnostic Information Center of the vehicle so this process can help uncover unseen issues
- A good practice would be to do a pre-scan before any work is done, to make the customer aware of any and all issues, then a post-scan after work is complete to confirm the repairs were completed properly
- Pre- and post-scan is mandated by the manufacturers for pre and post collision work as well as by some insurance companies
What is included in a Snap-on code scan ?
- It analyses all available systems for the vehicle plus Global OBD-II codes and Readiness Monitors for a more complete view of vehicle systems
- The vehicle system reports give an advanced insight into the state of the vehicle you are working on and can be run before you start the job, then again after you complete the repair
Why should I run the reports?
- The benefit is that you can immediately show your customer where the problems lie with a pre-scan report, and using the post-scan report you can then confirm that the repairs were completed properly
- Copies of the reports can be given to the customer and also saved for your own records
How easy are the reports to understand?
- Very - the pre-scan report will highlight any issues the vehicle has, while the post-scan report will confirm that they have been resolved
- Just click on the examples below to see what they show
|Pre scan report
||Post scan report
Tell me about the Snap-on cloud
- With the latest diagnostic software upgrade, Vehicle System Reports for pre- and post-scans using ZEUS®, TRITON-D8®, APOLLO-D8™, VERUS® Edge, MODIS Edge™, SOLUS Legend™ and SOLUS Edge™ can be automatically uploaded to the Snap-on cloud
- Documents can be printed, e-mailed or sent via text to help strengthen customer confidence in a workshop’s services - and they can be used to fulfil mandates by manufacturers and insurance companies for pre- and post-collision work as well
*Full access to Snap-on® cloud services is available with current software for ZEUS®, VERUS® Edge, VERUS PRO, TRITON-D8®, APOLLO-D8™, MODIS Edge™, MODIS Ultra™, SOLUS Legend™ and SOLUS Edge™.
How else can I view, e-mail or print the vehicle system reports?
Click on your tool below for instructions: