The protection of your personal information is an important concern to which we pay special attention.
1) What types of personal information do we gather?
We may collect and process, and have collected and processed in the last 12 months, a range of personal information including:
- Identifiers: Such as a real name, alias, postal address, telephone number, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, other state or national identification number(s), your signature, physical characteristics or description, insurance policy number or other similar unique personal identifiers.
- Commercial Information: Such as transaction and purchase information and history.
- Financial Information: Such as your bank account number, credit card number, debit card number or any other financial information.
- Educational or Professional/Employment-Related Information: Such as education or training history, work history and prior employers.
- Sensory information: Such as audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as call and video recordings.
- Geolocation Information: Such as device and internet protocol address location.
- Inference Information: For example preference profiles drawn from any of the personal information listed above.
- We do not intend to collect personal information of Children: We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. Our website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this website or through any of its features. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at DataProtectionManager@snapon.com.
2) What are the sources of personal information we have gathered?
We collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- From You. You may directly give us personal information when you:
- Apply for, purchase, register or use our products and services; Apply for a role with us;
- Receive customer support;
- Create an account on our website; Subscribe to our publications; Request marketing be sent to you;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- Correspond with us in person at trade shows, events, or otherwise; Interact with us as a potential or existing franchisee or as an employee of a franchisee;
- Give us feedback or provide us other information when you contact us; or When you connect your social media account to your account with us.
- From third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal information from various third parties that confirmed they are authorized to share it with us or other public sources, such as:
- Consumer reporting agencies, credit reference agencies and publicly available databases;
- Auto repair shops and auto dealers who use our products or services; Snap-Tools franchisees;
- Recruitment agencies and referees; Insurance companies and brokers; Trade bodies;
- Other Snap-on Group companies that you may interact with through other websites, products, services, or social media pages;
- Search information providers; Advertising networks; Internet service providers; Meeting services;
- Data Analytics Providers; Operating systems and platforms; Social networks; or
- Data brokers;
3) How is that personal information used by us?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- Business Uses, such as:
- Register you as a new customer; Conduct recruitment;
- Process and deliver your order, manage your subscriptions, or carry out our obligations arising from any other contracts you enter into with us;
- Manage payments, fees and charges and collect and recover money owed to us; Managing our relationship with you by sending you renewal notices, notifying you of product or service information, asking you to leave a review or take a survey, or enabling you to partake in a prize draw or competition;
- Fulfil your requests, answer your questions, respond to your comments, and measure how effectively we address your concerns;
- Analyse and develop new products and services, or make suggestions and recommendations to you and others with similar interests about goods and services that may be of interest to you; Provide customer support; or
- Fulfil any legal obligations we may have.
- Monitoring & Recording: to handle any calls, chats or other interactions with us, including by the customer services team. Please be aware that it is our general practice to monitor and in some cases record such interactions for staff training or quality assurance purposes or to retain evidence of a particular transaction or interaction.
- Website Experience: for the technical administration of the website; for internal operations; for customer administration; for product surveys; for troubleshooting; for information analysis, information analytics, testing, and research and development purposes; to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- Protecting our Rights and Property: to protect our rights or property or that of our business partners, franchisees, dealers, suppliers, customers or others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been or could be affected; to recover debts; to prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities and prohibited behaviour or activities.
- Information for our Business Partners, Dealers and Snap-on Tools Franchisees: to administer and develop our business relationship with you, the business partner, dealer or franchisee you represent, including sharing information with our group, to enter into or perform a transaction with you, to contact you as part of satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes.
- Product development: We may use non-identifying and aggregate information to gather information for product management and development. For example, we may tell our sales and marketing staff that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our web site, or that Y number of software licenses were ordered during a particular time period. This aggregate information may also be shared with our affiliates and independent dealers.
- Marketing: to communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers and promotions; to provide you and others with similar interests with information about other goods and services we offer, or offered by others, that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to send informational or promotional email messages to you, which you may opt out of receiving as described below.
4) On what legal basis do we gather and use personal information of UK/EU/EEA residents?
We gather and use your personal information for either (i) the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and/or (ii) for direct marketing purposes, and/or (iii) our legitimate interests and in compliance with your fundamental rights and freedoms and/or (iv) because of a legal obligation, and/or (v) to protect your vital interests.
5) Is my personal information disclosed to third parties?
We may disclose Personal Information with the following categories of third parties:
- “Social Networks” We share with social network platforms, who use the data we share in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- “Business Partners.” We share with our trusted business partners. “Franchisees.” We share information with our Franchisees.
- “Marketing Partners.” We share with our marketing partners to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- “Credit Bureaus.” We share information about your credit history with us with credit bureaus.
- “Legal Authorities.” We share with public and government authorities, including regulators and law enforcement, to respond to requests, as well as to protect and defend legal rights.
- “Other Parties in Litigation.” We share information in the context of litigation discovery and in response to subpoenas and court orders.
In the preceding 12 months, we disclosed for our operational business purposes the following categories of Personal Information to the following categories of third parties:
|Categories of Personal Information
|Disclosed to Which Categories of Third Parties for Operational Business Purposes
|Affiliates, Business Partners, Credit Bureaus, Franchisees, Legal Authorities, Marketing Partners, Other Parties in Litigation, Service Providers, Social Networks
|Affiliates, Business Partners, Franchisees, Service Providers
|Affiliates, Business Partners, Credit Bureaus, Legal Authorities, Other Parties in Litigation, Service Providers
|Technical and Usage Information
|Affiliates, Business Partners, Franchisees, Marketing Partners, Service Providers
|Affiliates, Business Partners, Franchisees
|Professional/Employment Related Information
|Affiliates, Other Parties in Litigation
6) How long will my personal information be kept for?
We will endeavour not to keep your personal information in a form that allows you to be identified for any longer than is reasonably necessary for achieving the permitted purposes. This means that information will be destroyed or erased from our systems or anonymized when it has reached the applicable retention period.
7) Will my personal information be transferred to other countries?
We are a global company and we may process, store and transfer personal information we collect to a country outside your own, provided that certain conditions as set out in the applicable legislation are complied with.
We are party to an information transfer agreement with the members of the Snap-on Group and we will keep that document up to date with current law. For more information on the safeguards in place, please contact DataProtectionManager@snapon.com.
8) What security measures are in place to protect my personal information?
We endeavour to protect the security of your personal information. We will seek to maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we endeavour to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us or stored on our systems; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. These procedures include physical, electronic, and managerial procedures.
9) How do I update or access my personal information?
We ask that you keep your information as up-to-date as possible so you may get the maximum benefit from us.
If you have a website account with us then you can access and correct personal information that we keep in your online account by clicking on "Your Account" and entering your user id and password. For other questions related to updating or changing your account information or if any errors in your personal information cannot be corrected by accessing "Your Account", please send a request to email@example.com.
10) What specific rights do I have in relation to my personal information based on my residency?
- UK, European Union and European Economic Area Residents. Depending on the circumstances, the General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR” may provide you the right to:
- request access to any personal information we hold about you;
- object to the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes; ask to have inaccurate information held about you amended or updated;
- ask to have your information erased or to restrict processing in certain limited situations;
- request the porting of your personal information to another organisation in control of your personal information; and/or
- object to any decision that significantly affects you being taken solely by a computer or other automated process.
If you are a resident of the European Union, European Economic Area, or the UK that wishes to make a formal request for information we hold about you, you can contact us here. We will respond to your request consistent with the GDPR.
How do I opt out of being contacted for promotional purposes?
You have the right to ask us not to send you marketing communications. We will usually inform you (before collecting the personal information) if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect personal information. You can also exercise the right to prevent such processing at any time by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe link in any informational or promotional email that we send you.
- Calling our Customer Service Center at +44 (0)1553 692422 if you have any questions about changing your contact preference or require assistance in removing your name from our subscription lists.
If you are a citizen of the European Union or European Economic Area, you may make a complaint at any time to the applicable supervisory authority for data protection issues. We have appointed a data protection manager who is responsible for addressing any reported data protection issues related to GDPR, and we would like the opportunity to respond to your concerns before you approach a supervisory authority so please feel free to contact the data protection manager at DataProtectionManager@snapon.com.
14) Modifications to this Privacy Statement