The new Snap-on Diagnostic Thermal Imager creates a unique workshop solution like nothing seen before – with the aid of infrared technology to make heat ‘visible’ and reveal problems anywhere on a vehicle.
It allows technicians to be more accurate and productive in their work by giving them a direct insight into the source of issues with a vehicle such as brakes, heaters, air conditioning, engine performance, electrical complications and bearings.
“Since most vehicle faults aren’t visible to the naked eye, the Diagnostic Thermal Imager is one of those special products that will open technicians’ eyes to a new way of finding faults by making it possible to ‘see’ heat,” said Helen Taylor, UK Marketing Manager for Snap-on.
“Using infrared imaging technology, the Diagnostic Thermal Imager reveals the source of the heat to track the faults, including bearing wear, friction, brake heat, misfires, electrical impedance, refrigerant flow, coolant blockage and fluid flow.
“Technicians will see hot and cold areas of the vehicle components like never before and identify both functioning and non-functioning components easily for a much faster diagnosis.”
Key features of the Diagnostic Thermal Imager include:
- Detailed thermal images made up of 4,800 distinct temperature zones
- Exclusive database of guided tests, automotive applications and reference images to help interpret results
- Reveal heat sources like dragging brakes, heated seats, misfiring cylinders, worn bearings and any other heat source on the car
- Show extreme temperatures up to 448 degrees Centigrade
- Automatic scaling to show the temperature of everything in the image
- Provides true imaging and far more insight than infrared thermometers, which only show a single temperature reading
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery with a four hour charge life
Designed specifically for automotive technicians, the Diagnostic Thermal Imager also has the ability to save and store images, making it easy to create informative repair orders for customers.
Speak to your local Snap-on Franchisee or read more about the Snap-on Diagnostic Thermal Imager.