< Back to Results
MODIS Edge Training Module 12
Applies To: MODIS Edge™
Vehicle Specifications and Reset Operations
Welcome to Snap-on Training Solutions. This module is designed to help you get the most out of your MODIS Edge diagnostic tool, and covers the vehicle specifications and reset operations.
The Oil Specifications and Resets icon is located on the Home screen. Oil Specs and Resets are an integrated Wi-Fi function that provides up-to-date OEM information on your diagnostic tool, via wireless network connection to the Snap-on network. This feature allows you quick access to the following OEM information:
- Fluid capacity and specifications
- Scanner functional resets
- Service reset procedures and information
Please note the following:
- Oil Specs and Resets vehicle coverage is the same as the Scanner vehicle coverage
- Not all vehicles may have on-board diagnostic tool reset capabilities, or have information available
- To use the Oil Specs and Resets feature you must have the current software upgrade installed on your diagnostic tool
- The diagnostic tool is equipped with the ability to connect to a Wi-Fi network, however the connection is solely dedicated to the Snap-on network. Before you begin using an integrated Wi-Fi function you must turn on the Wi-Fi and select the wireless network connection
- If you experience a wireless network connection loss, Oil Specs and Resets information will not refresh or may cause the function to stop. To continue use, you must re-establish your Internet connection
- Performance may vary depending on your wireless network equipment and Internet Service Provider
An alternate method of access is from within a current Scanner session - select Oil Specs and Resets from the Select Systems Menu.
After the vehicle is identified, let’s have a look at what we can expect. In our case we chose a 2012 BMW 328i. Instructions and screens will vary by vehicle.
After the Fluid Capacity screen displays, navigate to either of the following options:
- Perform a service interval reset using the diagnostic tool
- View OEM service reset instructions and related information
Selecting Fluid Capacity displays OEM recommended fluid specifications.
NOTE: The Fluid Capacity screen is the default screen. Typical information may include:
- Vehicle engine information
- Oil capacity specifications with or without oil filter
- Oil rating, weight and type, or
- Special notes
Selecting Functional Reset opens the service interval reset menu (within the Scanner function) for the selected vehicle, and includes functional resets for the oil service indicator and other supported resets
Select the applicable menu option(s) to perform the functional reset, in our case Engine Items. Read and perform any instructions that are provided. Let’s go through some screens!
Not All resets apply to all vehicles. Let’s continue
Select the desired function. Don’t forget to scroll to view all options. If applicable, once the reset has completed select OK or Continue.
Selecting Reset Procedure displays OEM oil service reset instructions. Typical information may include:
- Step-by-step instructions for manually resetting the oil service reset indicator using on-board vehicle functionality (such as instrument controls cluster, accelerator pedal, information or media center controls, multi-function switch, etc.)
- Special notes, and or instructions and theory of operation
NOTE that during content download, icons may be used as image place holders until the image is fully downloaded, and can be displayed. Use the scroll bar or directional buttons to scroll up and down to view all of the information.
On some models an appropriate scan tool may be used to reset service schedules as well as on the vehicle service operations that can be reset at the instrument panel. Scroll down to see more information
Let’s have a look.
Here we identify Condition Based Service with real pictures. Make sure to scroll to see all screens.
Last Updated: July 8, 2020