< Back to Results
Replacing the batteries
Applies To: ETHOS® Plus, ETHOS® PRO, ETHOS® Tech
The ETHOS Plus, ETHOS PRO and ETHOS Tech use standard AA batteries for power when not connected to a vehicles powered OBD-II port or to an AC power source.
When replacing the Diagnostic Tool batteries, use Alkaline or rechargeable nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) type AA batteries only. Do not use standard (lead/zinc) batteries as they do not provide sufficient power to operate the Diagnostic Tool, and may leak and damage the Diagnostic Tool.
Always dispose of batteries according to local regulations, which vary for different countries and regions. For additional information contact:
- North America; Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation (RBRC) at http://www.rbrc.org or http://www.call2recycle.org, or call 1(800) 822-8837 (USA)
- United Kingdom; Electrical Waste Recycling Company at http://www.electricalwaste.com
Products bearing the WEEE logo are subject to European Union regulations.
NOTE: Always dispose of materials according to local regulations.
To replace the batteries:
- Depress the two battery cover lock tabs and lift off the battery cover
- Remove the old batteries
- Observing proper polarity (shown on the battery slots), install six new AA batteries
IMPORTANT: Your Diagnostic Tool can be damaged if the battery polarity is incorrect. Refer to the diagram in the battery compartment on the rear of the tool for correct battery polarity.
- Fit the battery cover onto the housing.
NOTE: If installing rechargeable batteries, be sure to reset the battery type on the Tools Setup menu. This helps prolong the life of the batteries, and notifies you when it is time to recharge them.
Last Updated: June 20, 2019